We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return. At the Kevin M. Mason Funeral Home we believe there is no grater sacrifice one can make than that to their country. And in doing so, their family will also make a sacrifice as their loved one defends our country and our freedoms. We should always recognize the sacrifices made, and the hardships endured everyday, not just on veterans day. When the time comes for us to honor and show our gratitude for the deceased veteran, we will be humbled and walk alongside the family every step of the way. We offer many amenities to the family and pledge to attend to every detail with respect, reverence, dignity and compassion. From a personalized casket or urn, funeral stationary, Patriot Riders, Military Honor Guard, our bagpiper, lapel pins, assisting with all VA benefits, complimentary flag case, memorial folders and prayer/memorial cards are just a few of the additional services we provide.
Why Do More Families Trust the Kevin m. mason funeral home to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Kevin M Mason Funeral Home can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (716) 362-0199. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.